Planet Financial is one of the leading loan firms in Canada especially if you are looking for the loan of a trailer for Brampton or Mississauga. Planet Financial provides flexible used trailers financing solutions for business owners turned away from traditional bank lending options. In case you or any of your clients are seeking a beneficial non-bank alternative to purchase or refinance your new or used trailer, our team will work with you to help structure your truck and trailer loan, trailer, or truck leasing agreement to suit your needs and you can always get a free inquiry by calling us. We are available 24*7 to solve all your queries and find the right solution for your business related to trucks and trailers and provide you with trailers financing.
Choose the right trailer for your freight and save money for your business by learning about the different types of trailers based on load capacity and purpose. Carrying the loaded truck requires trailers. Usually, the brake controllers have various styles and capacities. An electric trailer brake controller is an electronic device that regulates the electric trailer brakes and allows the driver to activate and monitor trailer brake controller wiring color code activity from the cab of the vehicle and generally has a few different controls, such as an interface to view braking information and buttons to control the output and manual activation.
There are two basic types of brake controllers: time-delay and proportional or inertia-based.
- Time-Delay Operation: As soon as the driver presses the brake pedal, the time-based brake controller activates the trailer brakes, applying an increasing amount of power, fixed over time. The gain setting of a time-delay brake controller can be adjusted by the driver to accommodate each specific trailer.
- Proportional Operation: It uses an electrical circuit called an accelerometer to sense changes in momentum. When the driver presses the brake pedal, the brake controller applies power to the trailer brakes in proportion to the vehicle’s momentum.
Ways to Adjust Trailer brakes
- The first thing is to make sure the trailer brake controller wiring harness is plugged into your vehicle. A brake controller requires power from the vehicle and a connection to the trailer brakes for proper towing. During setup, make sure your vehicle and trailer are parked on a level surface.
- With the trailer plugged in, the brake controller may need to be calibrated. Generally, most brake controllers are self-calibrating. Typically, self-calibrating brake controllers will flash a light or signal to indicate when the unit is calibrating and when calibration is complete.
- Most trailer brake controllers come with a manual activation button. This allows you to activate the trailer brakes whenever desired, without applying the vehicle brakes. Manual trailer brake activation can be useful for correcting minor trailer sway and gradually slowing down on a steep hill or before stops.
- Some brake controllers come with personal settings that can be adjusted to your preference, such as the angle of the interface, the brightness of the screen and even the location of the brake controller itself.
- You can set sensitivity by testing the trailer brakes again. Drive forward at about 25 mph and press the brake pedal. If the vehicle stops too slowly, increase the sensitivity setting. If it stops too abruptly, lower the sensitivity. As operation becomes more comfortable, you can test braking at various speeds to ensure smooth stops in any conditions.
- Maximum output is the maximum amount of power the brake controller installation will apply to the trailer brakes. If the vehicle stops too slowly, increase the maximum output. If it stops too abruptly or locks up, reduce the output.
If you need a truck and trailers loans here is our Document Checklist:
- Valid ID
- Bill of Sale
- Article of Business Incorporation
- Last-three-month bank statements.
- Credit Application (download it here)
You can email all the documents at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also get your free inquiry at 905-678-0111. Click that “Apply Now” button to proceed with your desired trailer loans provider. Some clients will rather have some guidance throughout this process, so we also have the added option for you to pre-apply at Planet Financial. On Facebook, we have a Trucks page where you can see used truck trailers for sale or brand-new trailers and there are various used truck trailers on sale as well for you to get trailer financing. Our team will sort through your information and give you the best rate of interest all over Canada. You can also Sign up for our newsletter for our recent updates and get special offers on trailer loans.